Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today

Today I have no job, but I feel free to explore what is out there for me. I do referee high school football more as a hobby than a job. I do get paid for it though. I've been laid off for the past month and had my van repoed. But I feel as if there is more to life than worrying about a job.
Don't get me wrong I still want to provide for my family, I have a wife and three adorable kids and one on the way. I am looking into getting into the National Gaurd and starting my own business. I'm 33 years old and figure if I don't start doing what I enjoy or want, then life will just pass me by. I don't want that for my kids or my wonderful wife. I want to enjoy life with them. Not let them go through life without me because I'm at work all day. Like the song says by Aerosmith, "I don't want to miss a thing." I don't and I hope through this blog, titled "thought offerings" that you will see my progress to grow and to think about the positive things about life. When you have nothing you have everything to gain. Hope you enjoy reading my blogs and feel free to comment.

7 comments:

  1. I give you both such credit for always looking for what you can gain and give through a hard time or challange. It says a lot about the people you both are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are awesome! Soon you'll have little Cristiana blogging away, too. :)

    What kind of business are you thinking about? I hope the national guard works out. I'll be praying for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all sound like a winning team. Much of what you are saying we are too going through. We just began our journey in our OWN BUSINESS. We literally just started it. Maybe it was meant to be that you accidently sent this email to me. Take the plunge and do it, what do you have to lose. You only have everything to gain! God Bless You and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, really sorry to hear about the job situation. God does have a plan, even though sometimes we don't like it.

    Will keep you guys in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Aerosmith said they didn't want to MISS a thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shay, I have some officer contacts in the Air Force National Guard at Ellington Field, also a friend who is an HR rep for an oil company. If you have a resume I can pass it along.

    ReplyDelete